Friday, January 1, 2010

Quilt.

Each Christmas the Cox family draws names for gifts. The kids are left out of course, but the adults only have to worry about one other person which has been nice in the years past. This past Christmas we decided to include Granny and Paw-Paw in the drawing. Paw-Paw drew my name and Granny drew my Dad's name.  My Granny had called me and wanted to know what Paw-Paw could get me for Christmas. I very candidly told her that he could go buy some fabric and she could blow the dust off of her sewing machine and make me a quilt. She couldn't believe I would even ask for her to do it, but she means so much to me and I have always wanted a real, authentic quilt made by my Granny and not some department store. Well Merry Christmas to me!!! For Christmas my one gift was a queen-size homemade quilt. Granny sewed all of the squares together and the backing and took it to a quilt shop for the finishing touches. It is so beautiful! 

Granny was so excited about sewing that she made my Dad a king-size quilt and surprised my brother with a quilt that had deer all over it (this fabric was from a blanket she had made 21 years ago for our family and Daniel destroyed it and she just so happened to have extra fabric in the spare bedroom closet).  Needless to say we have created a monster. Everyone in the family is getting in line for quilts!!! 

I think I might put my order in for another one. This time I will buy the fabric, backing and pay for her to take it to the quilt shop. This quilt is that beautiful and cozy!!! 

PS.....I am bundled up in it as I blog!!! 

2 comments:

Kara Wright said...

PICTURE! PICTURE! PICTURE! Let me see that beautiful quilt!

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

Umm where's the picture? I love quilting and would like to see it. You do realize that you could make one to. Start your legacy.