Thursday, January 21, 2010

Involvement.

Ecclesiastes 11.

I am not very good about having my quiet time. In fact, I am praising the Lord for how he has ministered to me during this fast. I am thanking Him to opening my eyes to how IMPORTANT it is to pray for specific things each and everyday and to read His Word. This is vital for our flourishment on earth in the days that we have here.

In Ecclesiastes 11:4 Solomon writes "He who watches the wind will not sow and he who looks at the clouds will not reap."  This verse is a quick reminder of my human nature and the excuses I make for not wanting to dive in and serve my Lord. If we constantly strive for the PERFECT timing this will lead to inactivity. This is applied to our spiritual life also. If we think we can wait for a perfect time to read our Bible, it will never happen. If we are constantly LOOKING for the perfect church, we will never find it. If we are waiting to serve on the perfect ministry team, we will NEVER serve. Solomon clearly states that if we wait for conditions they may never exist. Which in turn we are doing what Solomon has wrote about in this whole book. We are "chasing after the wind". WE WILL NEVER CATCH THE WIND. No matter what you are doing today realize that where you are spiritually will outlast anything material on this earth. Let's "serve the Lord with gladness. Come before His presence with thanksgiving." We need to give Him all we have. Spirit, soul & body. Let's stop watching and start doing!!!

No comments: