Friday, January 15, 2010

Growth.

Ecclesiastes 6.

At first as I read this passage I was confused. It seemed over my head. But once I read the applications and really went back and read the verses I began to understand. Wow....perfect passage for the new year!! (Once again)!

Solomon speaks about death. More specifically that all people die, rich and poor. Everything that you have tried to achieve on this earth is meaningless once you die. Rich and poor are both put in the grave. You cannot take anything with you. So what are you doing in this life to improve the next life you have once you die?

At the beginning of the year alot of people (including myself) made resolutions or set goals for 2010. You may want to be a better spouse, become financially free or get that body back into shape. Do you take precedence in these things over your relationship with God? Solomon says to focus on your spiritual relationship with God because that in the ONLY thing that will last after this life. That doesn't mean you can't better this life and set goals, it just means that we need to focus on our priorities!!!

No comments: