Saturday, January 9, 2010

Toil.

Ecclesiastes 2:17-26.

When I read this scripture this morning I though about my father. Solomon talks about the toils of work. In this economy my father, owning his own small business has been through some turmoil.  He has had to downsize in order to keep the business running. He started and created this business from the ground up! I can only imagine what he has had to go through to get where he is today. Also, not knowing what tomorrow holds because of our economy. Yet he keeps on keeping on. He rejoices amidst trial.

Solomon is trying to show us that all of our effort and all of our work is in vain if we can't rejoice in the Lord while we work. We work to survive. We have responsibilities to take care of those under us. But we must serve God in the process. I can't imagine not being a Christian in the work environment.  My earthly father has built a Godly environment for his family to work in. I couldn't imagine my father sitting around and thinking "When I die I everything that I have worked for and built will be left to those who have done nothing to earn it." I know that he wouldn't never think this because he is not a man of the world but a Godly man who seeks to put God first in his home, work and family.

Solomon also mentions that to a worldly man the only things he does is eat, drink and find satisfaction in his work. I am so thankful that I know there is more to life than eating and work!

Pray today that God will allow you to see purpose in everything you do. You can only do this by putting God first. This is my prayer. "True enjoyment in life comes only as we follow God's guidelines for living." Amen!!!!!!

No comments: