Friday, January 8, 2010

Pleasure.

Ecclesiastes 2:1-16

In this passage Solomon touches on worldly pleasures. He, himself, with all of his wisdom built, accumulated & looked upon some of the greatest "worldly" pleasures of his time. He did everything in his will to try and find happiness and meaning in all of these things. But all of his attempts he sums up with one phrase, "chasing after the wind".

I can do all the good in the world. I can own nice things. I can listen to the coolest music. I can watch all of the great TV shows. What good does that do me without God? All of these worldly things will be ruined. If I have a relationship with God and truly want to follow him, when everything else gone, when I lose everything, I really haven't lost the most important One, God! Praise the Lord for that. I know that I am secure no matter what. Jobs, house, clothes, family.....as much as it might hurt in this life, God remains steadfast. It reminds me of a passage in Matthew where he says to store up your treasures in heaven.

I read this statement: "Security and self-worth are not found in these accomplishments on earth, but far beyond them in the love of God." Think about this. When you go to get homeowner's insurance you calculate meticulously the money you have invested in your house. You dot your I's and cross your T's because God forbid something happen to your home and you are left with less than what you had to show for. You show constant investment and care with things around your home so nothing happens. Shouldn't we take this much care of our relationship with our God? Shouldn't we meticulously dot our I's and cross our T's and invest our time in making sure we are cultivating our relationship with God? It's the same thing. Without Him we are NOTHING!

Thank you Jesus for dying for me. I know no matter what I attain in life doesn't matter. But I do know what I do will have a great impact on my eternal rewards in heaven! Help me to be your servant.

No comments: