Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Monotenous.

Ecclesiastes 1:1-11.

Solomon touches on how everything is the same day in and day out. The sun rises in the morning and sets at night. We get up. Go to work. Come home. Go to bed just to do it all over again tomorrow. How boring. Nothing is ever REALLY new because someone else has already experienced it. Sounds depressing right?! Very pessimistic. But that is the point. Solomon is trying to tell us that our daily routine is boring. VERY BORING if we don't have God. How can we ever be excited about anything if we don't have anything to look forward to after this life?!  How can be happy and full of joy if we don't develope and flourish a relationship with the One who gave His life for us? That's right.....He DIED for us!!! God is not asking us to be a martyr. He is simply wanting us to cultivate our relationship with Him by reading His word, talking to Him and fellowshipping with other believers. This makes me want to start a new day already because I know when I get up in the morning I am going to talk to my Jesus and be in His word and be surrounded by followers of Christ. I also know I have a secure place in heaven. If that doesn't make you want to jump around then you are definitely missing one key element in your life......JESUS!!!!

No comments: