Friday, March 5, 2010

Stats.

Today I took Bailey to the doctor for her check-up. It has been a long time since she has had a well check-up. We skipped the twelve month check-up and went straight to the fifteen month check-up. Her weight is 19 lbs. 4 oz. She has only gained three ounces since her nine month check up and doesn't even make it to the tenth percentile.  I know she is a little thing but I thought for sure she had gained some weight. Especially the way she eats! Her height is 31 inches. She has grown five inches in five months! WOW!!! She is right on track for height. During her first year she was in the twenty-fifth percentile but now jumps to the fiftieth percentile for height. Her head circumference is 46 1/2cm (normal).

We have opted out of vaccines for Bailey. So she has never, ever had a shot. But today she had to get her finger pricked. She didn't cry when the nurse pricked it, but she did not like when the nurse took five minutes to squeeze out the blood. My question is why do they do that before the child sees the doctor?  Why don't they wait. I think it makes the child more scared when the doctor comes in with a stethescope and medical utensils to look in your nose, eyes & ears. Just curious who thought that was the best sequence of events.

The doctor's conclusion is that Bailey is very active and there is no problem with her weight. She could afford to take in more calories though (I wish I had that problem). Dr. Woods also said that Bailey is one of the most vocal fifteen month olds she has seen. Bailey was talking so much that Dr. Woods lost her train of thought and finished up the visit. I was dressing Bailey when Dr. Woods came back in and said she was sorry but she forgot to ask her normal day-to-day questions about bowels, stomach, teeth and soforth. We were both laughing.

Yes.....I brought my camera to the doctor's office for pictures. Don't judge me!! I just had to get a picture of Bailey and her bandaid before we had to take it off. We did actually make it home before the bandaid needed to come off!























1 comment:

Ashley Smyth said...

awww sweet baby girl