Saturday, February 6, 2010

Swim.

This morning I got up early to get everything packed up for Bailey's swim lessons. Her lessons begin at 9:10am. She usually sleeps until 9:00am. Since her lessons are in North Raleigh we have to leave at around 8:30am so we have time to get there and de-robe. I realized the night before that I had packed away my bathing suits. I really wanted to wear my speedo suit. This mornign I got up in the attic only to realize that Bobby had taken my "summer clothes" bin and put it in our storage at work in Youngsville. That meant we had to leave even earlier to run by Target and pick up a swim suit. Because I was in such a rush I picked the crappiest suit. I wanted to be modest and they don't have much modesty with their itsy bitsy bikinis. So I found a black top that I thought would be fine. The only problem was they didn't have my size. I got the next size up thinking it would be fine. Yeah....no!!! I felt and looked like grossness. I will definitely be prepared before the next class. You can be sure of it. But enough about my short-comings.

Bailey absolutely loved it. It was funny to see all of the other toddlers holding onto their parents and crying. If I would have let go of Bailey I think she would have taken off and done a couple of laps. No joke. This chick loves the water. This comes as no surprise. Bobby and I both have always enjoyed being in the pool, lake, ocean, whatever. I am just glad my child was excited and loving it. I am not going to lie, some parents needed to take their kids and leave. Do you really want to be in the water teaching your child to swim with a screaming child next you clawing the skin off of his parent. Really?! Your kid doesn't like the water, get private lessons or start giving him more baths at home. NOT IN PUBLIC PLEASE!

I will post pictures but Blogger is not letting me right now!!!

1 comment:

The Keever's said...

I have to admit, that's a really funny bathing suit fiasco story. Definitely had me laughing, though I do feel for you!

And I agree - making your kid suffer through swim lessons isn't going to do anyone any good. Interesting how many people use force as a way to teach people things. Glad to hear that Bailey likes the water, though! There's nothing better than swimming. :-)