Saturday, February 6, 2010

Purple.

Yesterday I decided to get Bailey out of the house and attempt to go do something fun. I thought taking her to Monkey Joes again would allow her to run around unihibited and let out some energy. It has been pretty nasty and cold all week and we needed a change of scenary.

When we arrived at Monkey Joes I was disappointed to see that the toddler playground was not blown up. Are you kidding me? She is too tiny to climb on the big blow-ups. I was ticked but figured I was just going to have to take her down the slide a thousand times and climb in the big kid areas with her. They told me it would be about twenty-five minutes until they patched a hole in the toddler unit. I don't know about you but twenty-five minutes is a long time with a toddler who wants to be able to run around by herself!!! So we waited and God blessed our patience. They got it fixed and Bailey was able to do her own thing. She did keep saying slide though and running over to the big slide. I definitely got a work out!

It doesn't end there. Monkey Joe (their purple mascot) decided to come out and visit all of the children. Now most children Bailey's age aren't to excited to see a furry, purple thing walk around and try to give them high fives. Bailey was a different story! She RAN over to Monkey Joe and threw her hands up to be held. Seriously!! She wanted her purple buddy, Monkey Joe to carry her around. And he did. Let's talk about how unhappy she was when it was time for me to give Monkey Joe a break. I never thought my little girl would dread coming to a real human.



1 comment:

The Keever's said...

That's so funny! She's just a constant surprise, isn't she? And I really love her cheesy little smile...haha!