Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bed.

I have to admit that ever since I had Bailey I have always laid a little blanket on our bed to change her diaper. I used her changing pad on her dresser maybe twice. I have always found it easier to change her on something lower than a dresser or table because of my height. Anyways, she has always been accustomed to be being on the bed to get her diaper and clothes changed.

Lately I have been getting her up in the mornings and turning on her favorite channel, Sprout, and sitting her in the bed beside me. The funny thing is she actually sits there with me holding her little baby. I absolutely love this cuddle time. Bailey is not much of a cuddler in bed. She has never slept in our bed and she will not fall asleep ANYWHERE other than her pack 'n play and crib. So you must know that I cherish every bit of her sitting beside me in bed and leaning against my shoulder.

Apparently she likes this too much now! :) You know the saying "Too much of a good thing will kill you." Yeah.....now when she walks into our room she comes over to the side of the bed and says "UP PLEASE" and gives me a big grin. If I tell her no ma'am she goes to the other side of the bed and starts all over. She likes to test mommy by standing on the bed. Of course it's not funny. However, when she does stand she yells "SIT" and plops back down in the sitting position on the bed. That is funny! Maybe she got that from me. I tend to yell "SIT" when she starts poking her hiny up in the air. The last thing I need is for her to run clear off the bed and injure or break something. But at least she knows that she will get in trouble.

I love how verbal and physical Bailey is getting with affection. It makes me smile everyday!!!

1 comment:

Ashley Smyth said...

awww...you guys make me ink.
ps. luv the new background!