Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Remodeling

Staying at home might not be such a good idea for someone who loves doing new things! About a month ago my wheels started turning about certain things in the house. Particularly our floors/carpet. Our carpet is 5 1/2 years old and in bad condition. I had new carpet put in in the living room 3 weeks ago. Now I am having the old hardwoods (ugly) pulled up in the dining room and foyer and the carpet pulled up in the halls and having new hardwoods put down. I figured this would be better for children and wear and tear!! Easier to clean also!!! So we started on that and I figured I really wanted a shower instead of a tub/shower combo in the master bath. I know I want another child and being pregnant and stepping over a garden tub didn't really work out (I am really short, also). I also wanted a handheld shower head so i could wash the shower easier. These days it's all about what is easier to clean. HA! If I change the shower then I need a new top. Where does it end? Oops! No, I am really excited. I will be more excited when it is complete though. But then it got me thinking. I really need to get new carpet in our bedroom. Actually, I would like hardwoods, but we are waiting for that. Maybe after everything settles down and we make it thru the summer I might put that on the "honey do" list! I will post before and after pictures once everything is done. I have asked for it to be finished by Mother's Day! My husband and Daddy can do anything! I know they will have it done....wink, wink. Too bad they don't read this blog. Ha!

Oh yeah....My brother has been coming out to cut my yard (GrassMasters rocks) and told me I need to add a couple of natural areas to my yard. So that is another project. POOR BOBBY! I think we are waiting until the fall because I don't want to plant trees in this heat! So he gets a summer break. Come on somebody!!!

1 comment:

The Chapman Family said...

Amber! You're hilarious!