Friday, April 17, 2009

Special times!











Yesterday my memaw (great-grandmother) passed away. Memaw lived to be a wonderful 89 years old. She was ready to be with Jesus. Bailey and I decided to go and be with the family. At first I was skeptical about taking Bailey. With her constant spit up and a house full of friends and family, I worried that she would be exhausted and fussy. I called Bobby at work and asked him to pray fervently for a good visit and for Bailey to be relaxed and happy. WOW! God is sooo amazing. Everyday I see how he answers our prayers.
Our visit was amazing. Bailey got to play with her cousins all day long. She didn't spit up much and took a wonderful nap on her mommy for about 45 minutes. Just enough to get her refueled and ready to play with the kids again. The visit was so refreshing and much needed. We were able to spend time in sweet fellowship with our family. I left there so excited about Memaw's celebration of her life on Saturday. Excited because I get to bring my daughter around well-behaved, Godly children who absolutely love all over her. What a joy!
This truly is a SPECIAL time in our lives. God is showing me how important it is to "let go and let God". He is constantly saying "It's ok, Amber. I am never going to give you anything you can't handle". It's been hard to let go being a new Mommy. I have a hard time wondering what people will think of my child. But God has showed me that if I put my faith and trust in Him, that he will bless my family beyond belief.

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!!!

No comments: