Thursday, September 17, 2009

Balloon!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting up with my lifelong friend, Trinady, at Southpoint. We have grown up together and been a part of each other's life since Trin was born three months after me! She finally got to meet Bailey! It was so exciting and good to see her. She just recently found out she was pregnant!!! After watching her with Bailey it made me even more excited for the birth of her child.

So Bailey was in major need of some shoes. Since we were at Southpoint we thought maybe we would be able to find some. Well, we did. Actually, Trin spotted some cute shoes at Nordstrom. After measuring her foot size (2) we found some really cute Lacoste shoes. I never thought I would pay $40 for a pair of shoes the size of my thumb. Now it was time to get her to walk in them. The lady grabbed a balloon and walked down the aisle and called for Bailey to come and get the balloon. Bailey let go of me so quickly and, in her new shoes, walked right over and grabbed the balloon. That balloon became the only "toy" she was interested in the rest of the afternoon into the night. And she never gave a second thought to the shoes on her feet!!! I will try to get pictures posted soo.

3 comments:

Becky Capps said...

I feel you on the shoe thing...Eden has not ever worn shoes. I have looked everywhere for shoes for her! She HATES walking in them too! I guess I should have put them on her much sooner :)

Kara Wright said...

$40 WOW! I think I might wait on having kids a little longer!!! They're expensive! LOL

Ashley Smyth said...

and then u popped the balloon and ruined her night...way to go :)